Justice In Conflicts
Achieving justice in conflicts is one of the main goals of the United Nations.
How Justice Can Be Attained?
The UN Judicial Affairs Officers help national authorities:
- Deliver basic justice services;
- Assist nationally-led investigations and prosecutions of atrocity crimes and crimes that fuel conflict;
- Support the resolution of disputes over land and other resources that drive conflict;
- Reduce the level of prolonged and arbitrary detentions;
- Enhance the professionalism and accountability of judicial staff and systems;
- Develop and implement national justice reform strategies;
- Strengthen the legislative and regulatory framework.